Manufacturing of Asphalt Emulsion Certificate
Pavement Maintenance and Rehabilitation Certificate
The Manufacturing of Asphalt Emulsion Certificate will provide a foundation for understanding the manufacturing of asphalt emulsion in pavement maintenance and rehabilitation.
This course will begin with a brief overview of the fundamentals of asphalt emulsion, laboratory testing of asphalt emulsion, and applications of asphalt emulsion. Next, the manufacturing of asphalt emulsion will be broken down into nine lessons. These lessons will cover the storage and transfer of raw materials. Next, several examples of producing soap solutions are provided. Once the soap solution production process is understood, a background of asphalt emulsion mills is given. After the storage and transfer of asphalt emulsion, the certificate finishes with a discussion on quality control during the manufacturing process. While every asphalt emulsion plant is different and unique, these fundamental concepts will provide an ability to discuss and explore all facets of the manufacturing of asphalt emulsion.
I have only been in the asphalt manufacturing business for 3 years and I would have loved to have all of this material when I started out.Andy H.
- Registrants will have 4 weeks to complete the class.
- The average time to complete the course is approximately 16 hours.
- Download and print 145 pages of reference material to put on their shelf.
- Upon completion, 15 professional development hours will be awarded.
Agency Member Cost
To receive this discount, students and Agency Members must register using their university or agency email address and enter the coupon code 'asphalt' at checkout. Status will be verified and correct rate will be applied. Additional discounts do not apply.
AEMA member cost with applied discount code
AEMA Members must log in to your AEMA portal account to access your coupon code. Additional discounts do not apply.
- Discuss the fundamentals of asphalt emulsion, the tests run on asphalt emulsion, and the uses of asphalt emulsion
- List the equipment and devices required to store and transfer both the raw materials of asphalt emulsion and asphalt emulsion itself
- Describe the steps and proper sequence to produce an asphalt emulsion soap solution
- Recognize the components and parameters of asphalt emulsion mills
- Identify the tests and mechanisms for quality control of asphalt emulsion manufacturing
Blackboard, the University of Arkansas' online learning system, is your portal to class information. Your Blackboard login and password information will be sent to you via email within approximately 24 hours of your registration. Please note that if you registered on a weekend or holiday, or if the University of Arkansas is closed due to inclement weather, there may be a delay in providing you with your login information. For further assistance, contact the Global Campus at 479-464-5024.
Related Certificate Courses
Andrew Braham, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor, Civil Engineering
University of Arkansas