Introduction to Asphalt Emulsion Certificate
Certificate 1 of Pavement Maintenance and Rehabilitation
The Introduction to Asphalt Emulsion certificate will provide a broad, foundational understanding of asphalt emulsions.
After a brief overview of the history and importance of asphalt emulsion, tools will be provided to understand the classification of asphalt emulsion into cationic versus anionic, rapid versus medium versus quick versus slow setting, and how the type of asphalt emulsion influences breaking and curing. Additionally, a broad perspective of the production of asphalt emulsion will be provided, followed by an overview of existing AASHTO specifications for the testing, sampling, and handling properties of asphalt emulsion, the classification of asphalt emulsion, tests on the recovered asphalt emulsion residue, and performance tests developed for asphalt emulsion pavement maintenance and rehabilitation products. Finally, uses of asphalt emulsion in roadways will be covered, including spray applications and mixture applications, encompassing an introduction to all pavement maintenance and rehabilitation products.
- Registrants will have 4 weeks to complete the class.
- Approximately 16 hours to complete the course.
- Download and print 122 pages of reference material to put on their shelf.
- Upon completion, if requested, 15 professional development hours will be awarded.
- Classify asphalt emulsion by physical and chemical characteristics
- List the tests run in the laboratory for asphalt emulsion
- Follow the components of asphalt emulsion production
- Describe the uses of asphalt emulsion in pavement construction maintenance and rehabilitation products
- Application of Asphalt Emulsions
Certificate 2 of Pavement Maintenance and Rehabilitation
Agency Member Cost
To receive this discount, students and Agency Members must register using their university or agency email address and enter the coupon code 'asphalt' at checkout. Status will be verified and correct rate will be applied. Additional discounts do not apply.
AEMA member cost with applied discount code
AEMA Members must log in to your AEMA portal account to access your coupon code. Additional discounts do not apply.
Blackboard, the University of Arkansas' online learning system, is your portal to class information. Your Blackboard login and password information will be sent to you via email within approximately 24 hours of your registration. Please note that if you registered on a weekend or holiday, or if the University of Arkansas is closed due to inclement weather, there may be a delay in providing you with your login information. For further assistance, contact the Global Campus at 479-464-5024.
Andrew Braham, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor, Civil Engineering
University of Arkansas