Achieving Quality of Asphalt Emulsion Certificate
— Offered by College of Engineering —
Pavement Maintenance and Rehabilitation Certificate
The Achieving Quality of Asphalt Emulsion certificate will help you gain an understanding of the different perspectives of quality when considering asphalt emulsion-based maintenance and rehabilitation treatments for flexible pavements.
In order to ensure long lasting, less expensive roadways through pavement preservation, maintenance, and rehabilitation, it is critical to ensure quality is met at all stages of asphalt emulsion’s life. This certificate will provide a basic background on the design, manufacturing, and field construction that will set the stage to examine and explore quality control and quality assurance in each of these phases of construction. In addition, guidance will be provided on best practices in developing and assembling a quality control/quality assurance plan. Finally, case studies will be provided at the state, county, and city level from a public perspective, and one private owner perspective. Throughout the entire process of pavement preservation, maintenance, and rehabilitation, ensuring the quality of asphalt emulsion is essential.
- Approximately 16 hours to complete the course.
- Registrants will have 4 weeks to complete the course.
- Download and print 135 pages of reference material to put on their shelf.
- Upon completion, if requested, 15 professional development hours will be awarded.
- Identify steps to achieve quality in laboratory design
- Explain practices to achieve quality in manufacturing
- Discuss techniques to achieve quality in field application
- Assemble a quality control/quality assurance plan
- Describe successful implementation to achieve quality using asphalt emulsions
Related Certificate Courses
Access / Completion Time:
Agency Member Cost
To receive this discount, students and Agency Members must register using their university or agency email address and enter the coupon code 'asphalt' at checkout. Status will be verified and correct rate will be applied. Additional discounts do not apply.
AEMA member cost with applied discount code
AEMA Members must log in to your AEMA portal account to access your coupon code. Additional discounts do not apply.
Andrew Braham, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor, Civil Engineering
University of Arkansas