Application of Asphalt Emulsions Certificate
— Offered by College of Engineering —
Pavement Maintenance and Rehabilitation Certificate
The Application of Asphalt Emulsions certificate will provide a comprehensive understanding of the different applications of asphalt emulsions in pavement maintenance and rehabilitation.
After a brief overview of the chemistry, manufacture, and testing of asphalt emulsion, essentially highlights from Introduction to Asphalt Emulsion, the course will dig deep into the different applications of asphalt emulsion. Maintenance spray applications that will be covered include fog seals, chip seals, crack seals, scrub seals, cape seals, and ultra-thin bonded overlays. Maintenance mix applications that will be covered include slurry seal, micro surfacing, and maintenance patches. Finally, rehabilitation mix applications that will be covered include Cold In-place Recycling (CIR), Full Depth Reclamation (FDR), and Hot In-place Recycling (HIR). For each of these maintenance and rehabilitation applications, the proper usage, material selection, design considerations, and construction will be covered.
Very well put together for a lot of information in a short amount of time.Thomas H.
- Registrants will have 4 weeks to complete the class.
- The average time to complete the course is approximately 16 hours.
- Download and print 145 pages of reference material to put on their shelf.
- Upon completion, 15 professional development hours will be awarded.
Agency Member Cost
To receive this discount, students and Agency Members must register using their university or agency email address and enter the coupon code 'asphalt' at checkout. Status will be verified and correct rate will be applied. Additional discounts do not apply.
AEMA member cost with applied discount code
AEMA Members must log in to your AEMA portal account to access your coupon code. Additional discounts do not apply.
- Summarize the fundamentals of asphalt emulsion and pavement preservation
- Determine when conditions are favorable for pavement maintenance and rehabilitation
- Identify the appropriate materials and design considerations for pavement maintenance and rehabilitation
- Select appropriate methods for construction of various pavement maintenance and rehabilitation applications
Blackboard, the University of Arkansas' online learning system, is your portal to class information. Your Blackboard login and password information will be sent to you via email within approximately 24 hours of your registration. Please note that if you registered on a weekend or holiday, or if the University of Arkansas is closed due to inclement weather, there may be a delay in providing you with your login information. For further assistance, contact the Global Campus at 479-464-5024.
Related Certificate Courses
Andrew Braham, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor, Civil Engineering
University of Arkansas