NNg User Experience (UX) Certification Program
New UX Course Combination
The Global Campus in Rogers is bringing Nielsen Norman Group back to Northwest Arkansas for a second round of User Experience (UX) Certification classes this spring. Advance your career by learning new tech skills to enhance user experience for websites and applications.
UX Certification Program
To earn a UX Certification from the NN/g this spring, you must complete all five days of the workshop. NN/g will send emails to completers with links to access certification exams online. Earning a UX certificate validates your expertise to colleagues, clients, managers and job interviewers. It also allows you to elevate the websites you touch.
UX Master Certification
The Global Campus in Rogers plans to continue offering NN/g classes in the future. NN/g offers a UX Master Certification for those who have completed any 15 full-day, in-person NN/g training courses and passed exams for those courses.
May 2, 3, 4, 16 and 17, 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
University of Arkansas Global Campus Rogers
Five catered lunches included. Exam fees are $80 each. Attendees pay exam fees directly to NN/g during the five-day workshop.
Nielson Norman Group
Nielsen Norman Group is a leading voice in the user-experience field, with a client list featuring Fortune 500 companies and government agencies.
Wireframing and paper prototyping (also known as low-fidelity prototyping) is a low-cost, rapid iterative design technique that offers one of the best methods for gaining design insight early. Catching major usability problems early means you won't waste precious time, effort and money developing designs that may fail. (In contrast, user studies done late in the development process usually have their findings deferred until "the next release.")View Course Topics
Aesthetics and interaction play a critical role in the success of a mobile experience. Visual design details can alter a person's perception of how to interact with an interface, and the overall usefulness of the mobile app or website. Learn how appearance and function can combine to create both beautiful and usable mobile interfaces for your users.View Course Topics
Usable navigation allows users to seamlessly move throughout your website or application. To create an effective and extensible navigation system, you must understand the possible navigation components and styles that support both your business needs and your users' tasks and capabilities.View Course Topics
For usability and user experience professionals, much of our decision-making has traditionally been driven by empirical data derived via qualitative research — if we are lucky! With all the friction surrounding UX decisions (e.g., angry HiPPOs, disappointed designers, irritated IAs), quantitative data-driven decisions are very attractive. And getting attention from business executives and those who hold the purse-strings can be much easier when you've got quantifiable data to support your findings and recommendations.View Course Topics
- 1 to 3 years of UX or product design
- Actively working on or starting an IT design team
- Be familiar with Agile development
You are encouraged to bring a laptop or other device for note taking.
Benefits and Outcomes
- Access to industry-leading resources and professionals in the field of UX.
- Help your company build better, more user-centric products that have a tangible impact on the bottom-line.
- NN/g UX certification is achieved by completing all five courses and passing an exam for each course. Completing all five courses is highly encouraged. UX Certification shows prospective clients, employers, managers, and colleagues your dedication to the field, as well as your expanding knowledge of it.
- Career pathways - Foundation for transitioning into UX as a career within your organization
or with another company. The wide range of opportunities upon completion include:
- Jr. Designer
- Graphic Designer
- UX Developer
- UX Designer
- Product Designer
- Educational Pathways - This UX certification is intended for expert-level practitioners seeking to differentiate their skills. Upon successful completion of this certification, participants can pursue a UX Master Certification (UXMC), which recognizes practitioners whose extensive training achievement covers a broad range of topics. The five courses for UX certification will count towards the 15-course requirement for UXMC.