Online Training For High School Students and Recent Graduates
U of A Professional and Workforce Development, a division of the Global Campus and located in Bentonville, Arkansas, is the university’s hub for non-credit training courses. Our courses are open to the public and offer individuals the opportunity to advance their careers, start a new ones, or enhance their personal lives. Courses are taught by experienced instructors, including University faculty and industry experts.
We are pleased to present the following programs to serve high school students and recent graduates. For further information, please contact our office at email@example.com or 855-402-3300.
ACT/ SAT Test Prep Series
This online course will prepare students for verbal, math, and optional essay of the ACT or SAT test.
These online courses provide the opportunity to learn more about specific career paths and introduce the skills needed to purse them. They are ideal for high school students or recent graduates that are still deciding what educational or career path is right for them, or even adults that are considering changing careers.
Popular Programs Include:
- Explore a Career in Nursing
- Explore a Career as a Pharmacy Technician
- Explore a Career as a Veterinary Assistant
- Explore a Career as a Paralegal
- Explore a Career in Game Development
- Explore a Career in Computer Programming
Current high school sophomores, juniors, or seniors can register for up to 3 courses from the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food, and Life Sciences for just $39 each.
Upon successful completion of a course, and admittance to the University of Arkansas, students will have the opportunity to take an exam that can result in college credit hours for each of the modules they accessed.
- Students receiving at least an 80% on the exam will receive 2-3 credit hours for the aligning course.
- Total possible tuition and fee savings for all 3 courses is $1,638 (2015-2016 rates; tuition and fee rates are subject to change).
Career Prep Programs
Individuals ready to begin career training can do so with one of these online programs. These programs have been specially selected due to being in high-demand in Arkansas.
- Certified Administrative Professional
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Pharmacy Technician
- Assisted Living Technician
- Clinical Nurse Aid (CAN)
- Legal Secretary
- Certified Paralegal
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Written Exam Training
- Freight Broker/ Agent Training
- CNC Machinist
- Composites Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Process Technician
- Robotics Technician
- Press Operator: Cold Stamping
- Press Operator: Hot Stamping
- Dies Setter
- Tool and Die Maker
- Back-End Development
- Front-End Development
- Java Web Development
- C++ Programmer
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Developer
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator- Associate
- Help Desk Analyst
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
Paying for Training
Because our courses are non-credit, they do not qualify for Federal Financial Aid programs such as Pell grants or Federal Student Loans. However, courses are competitively priced and several financial assistance opportunities are available.
If you would like to receive occasional notifications regarding our programs, please provide us with your contact information.