Whole Health Series
Our Whole Health Series features a variety of personal enrichment courses that focus on the integration of physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Welcome to Sound Health. Sound has long been a source of healing and therapy for thousands of years as far back as ancient Greece and further. Modern science only recently started exploring sound and its powerful ability to heal. This course will explore the mechanics of sound, history, instruments and the ability to heal the human body and more. At the conclusion of the course, there will be a full bio acoustic sound therapy session for all attendees.
- Anatomy of Sound
- Sound as Energy
- Sound Therapy and Healing
- Sound Tools
- Sound Healing Session
Introduction to Healing Herbs
In this course we will discuss and understand how medicinal plants work within our bodies to improve overall health and well-being. By the end of class we will understand basic herbalism concepts and how to prepare herbal remedies for various ailments and conditions. Additionally, we will understand the differences between safe and restricted herbs and how they are applied. Finally, we will discuss how to ethically grow and harvest medicinal plants for ourselves and others.
- Brief history between modern herbalism and ancestral herbalism.
- How herbal medicine differs from pharmaceutical medicine.
- Learning herbal actions, constituents and uses.
- Learn how to create herbal profiles.
- Learn how to prepare herbs for medicinal purposes.
Trauma Informed Care
A vastly under-recognized area of health care is the role trauma plays in people's relationship to their providers. Potentially treatable patients can fall through the cracks because they do not trust their practitioners to know how to work with the histories of suffering that continue to live in their bodies. People frequently avoid seeking all types of health care, many times until it is too late, due to past trauma and a fear of not being heard or being re-traumatized. Providing trauma-informed care is essential in creating an environment where patients will continue seeking the care they need rather than not returning until their condition or situation becomes significantly more serious. This course will help health professionals understand what trauma is and how it affects people; identify the signs and symptoms of trauma; know how to respond to trauma in a patient and themselves; use core principles of care to avoid retraumatizing a patient. Course participants will engage in exercises in understanding how trauma may have impacted their own life, how they may be responding to the trauma their patients have experienced, and what to do during patient care to avoid retraumatizing the patient or the practitioner, and how to engage in self-care to help avoid compassion fatigue or burn-out.
- Understanding trauma and how it can affect people
- Identifying signs and symptoms of trauma in patients
- Use core principles of care to avoid re-traumatizing patients
- Knowing how to respond to trauma in a patient
- Understanding your own trauma
- Understanding your response to the patient’s trauma
- Self-care in avoiding compassion fatigue and burn-out
Mind - In the Mind, Body and Soul Series
In this class we will discover how our thoughts create our perception and reality and identify tools to help us make life more meaningful. The class will give students tools to look inside of themselves and learn how to have a more peaceful life by making better choices, changing our perspective, and starting to be more accountable for living in a a happier, love based reality not a fear based reality. We will take a look at where we are putting our energy and time into and how that effects us and our life. This class calls for creativity and will include interactive activities and group work.
- Learn how our choices create our reality
- Learn how our thoughts create our reality
- Learn how to look at your life as a mirror and grow from it
Body - In the Mind, Body and Soul Series
This class will focus on techniques to help improve our lives through a variety of tools such as mindfulness, movement, breathing, learning how to take care of our bodies in a healthy and supportive way. We will discuss lifestyle choices that benefit our bodies and help us become happier, healthier, and more stress free individuals. This class calls for creativity and will include interactive activities and group work.
- Learn how to handle stress in a healthy way
- Learn how to harness the power of mindfulness
- Learn how to better our lifestyle choices
Soul - In the Mind, Body and Soul Series
This class will focus on a variety of techniques and tools to help discover what brings joy, happiness, purpose and meaning to our lives. This class calls for creativity and will include interactive activities and group work.
- Discuss and discover what brings you joy and meaning
- Learn how to be creative in different ways
- Learn how to better connect with yourself, your environment, and those around you