In our two-day classes, you get hands-on Tableau experience with expert instructors to guide you at every step. Combine the two class levels for maximum skills, or take a single class to move your talent up a notch. Tableau is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background.
(each two-day course)
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Lunch is on your own
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
10% discount for University of Arkansas faculty, staff and current students. To receive the discount, you must register with your uark email address and enter coupon code 'UA10' at checkout. Status will be verified and correct rate will be applied. Additional discounts do not apply.
No refunds of the UA 10% discount, or any other discount, will be granted once registration is complete.
PART 1 - Two-Day Basic Course
This two-day course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Edit and save a data source
- Connect to your data
- Create and analyze data including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations
- Organize Data
- Slice your data by date
- Use multiple measures in a view
- Show the relationship between numerical values
- Customize your data
- Map data geographically
- View specific values
- Show breakdowns of the whole
- Highlight data with reference lines
- Make your views available
Part 1 Schedule
Register 3/14/18 - 3/15/18
Global Campus Rogers
PART 2 - Two-Day Advanced Course
This two-day course is for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
Tableau Part 1 or equivalent work experience
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
- Prep your data for analysis
- Combine data sources using data blending
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
- Make advanced table calculations
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Define subsets of your data
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices
Part 2 Schedule
Register 4/26/18 - 4/27/18
Global Campus Rogers