2019 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP
The Future of HR is SHRM–Certified. Demonstrate Your HR Expertise and Gain Practical Skills.
Establish yourself as a globally recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development.
Ensure you're prepared for your exam with our course designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success. This intensive 16-week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
Global Campus courses are specifically tailored to meet the needs of adult learners. Courses are taught by SHRM-certified instructors experienced in the HR field. Participants are expected to complete all assigned readings prior to each class.
Flexible Attendance Options
- You can attend classes face-to-face at the Global Campus in Rogers, AR where you will gather with colleagues and the instructors in a face-to-face classroom setting,
- You can log on from anywhere to participate in the session “live” via our online learning system, Blackboard Collaborate, or
- You can log on any time, from anywhere, to view the recorded session via Blackboard Collaborate once the class session has been posted.
Each Session Includes
- A high-level review of course material
- Interactive discussions and learning activities focused on the practical application of HR competencies and knowledge
- Sample assessment questions
- Study and test taking tips
Jan 31 - May 24, 2019
Thursdays, 4:30 - 7:30 pm
Online or in person at Global Campus Rogers
Textbook, The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge, is included
For information about group discounts or offering a program at your location, contact Erin Morgan or 479-464-5024.
The 2019 SHRM Learning System is being drafted now. Please check back later for more detailed information regarding the new texts.
- HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Global Campus courses are specifically tailored to meet the needs of professional adult learners. Our attendance options allow you to choose the location and method that works best for you: face-to-face in a classroom setting, live online (if you are outside the area or traveling for business), or view the recorded sessions at your convenience. Our classes are taught by SHRM-certified instructors experienced in the HR field and specifically in the Module they are presenting. These factors combine to offer you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams!
Benefits to You
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement.
- Earning up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
Benefits to Your Employer
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the new global SHRM BoCK™.
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking certification or advancing their career.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
Exam Eligibility Requirements
To earn your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application in order to be eligible to sit for the exam. For full details on these requirements, visit www.shrmcertification.org/eligibility.
Seeking Recertification Hours
This course may be taken for SHRM recertification hours.
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
"The University of Arkansas Global Camps course for the SHRM Learning System provides the tools needed to successfully pass the new SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification exams. It is a great mixture of in-person or remote classroom experience led by HR Professionals who know what it takes to get your certification. The SHRM Learning System gives you what you need to self-study while the UA course gives you the additional classroom time for the content to really sink in. I cannot recommend this course highly enough to any HR Professional."
Nick Meadows, SHRM-SCP
PMO Team Leader, North American HR Shared Services
"The SHRM Learning System and the Global Campus served an important role as I studied for my certification exam. The recorded class sessions were especially valuable to me: My personal learning style is writing- I retain information better if I write it down- so I played back every single recorded class and would pause as needed to write down the slides. My recommendation to those going through the SHRM prep course is to note what learning style works best for you, and then dedicate your time outside of the required reading and class hours to taking advantage of all the additional resources available to you (videos, terminology/vocabulary, online quizzes, etc) to study in that style."
Jamie Terrell, SHRM-CP
Interim Director of Human Resources
Friendship Community Care, Inc.
Interested in Training Your Team?
Have a question or prefer to speak to a person?
Ask about volume discounts or offering a program at your location.
Certification Exam Information
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Eligibility
- Testing Windows
- Download Certification Handbook
Product or HR Information
- SHRM Resources
- Join SHRM
- SHRM Learning System