2020 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP
The Future of HR is SHRM–Certified. Demonstrate Your HR Expertise and Gain Practical Skills.
Establish yourself as a globally recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development.
Ensure you're prepared for your exam with our course designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success. Our intensive program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
U of A Professional and Workforce Development courses are specifically tailored to meet the needs of adult learners. Courses are taught by SHRM-certified instructors experienced in the HR field. Participants are expected to complete all assigned readings prior to each class.
- You can log on from anywhere to participate in the session “live” via our online learning system, Blackboard Collaborate, or
- You can log on any time, from anywhere, to view the recorded session via Blackboard Collaborate once the class session has been posted.
Each Course Includes
- A high-level review of course material
- Interactive discussions and learning activities focused on the practical application of HR competencies and knowledge
- Sample assessment questions
- Study and test taking tips
- Erin Dickey, M.Ed.
- Pam Belcher, SHRM-CP
- Danelle Boyster, SHRM-CP
- Jamaikhan Dickey, SHRM-CP
- Amy Fisher, SHRM-SPHR
- Katie Morris, SHRM-SCP
- Cliff Sandsmark, SHRM-SCP
- Morgan Scholz, SHRM-CP
- Cammie Scott, SHRM-SCP
Aug 27 - Dec 10, 2020
Thursdays, 4:30 - 7:30 pm
Global Campus Rogers
Online / Live Stream / Recorded Sessions Available
Textbook included -
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge
Certification exam fees are not included
FREE INFORMATION SESSIONS
Learn more about the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP and Professional Workforce Development provided preparation options at our free information session.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Global Campus courses are specifically tailored to meet the needs of professional adult learners. Our attendance options allow you to choose the location and method that works best for you: face-to-face in a classroom setting, live online (if you are outside the area or traveling for business), or view the recorded sessions at your convenience. Our classes are taught by SHRM-certified instructors experienced in the HR field and specifically in the Module they are presenting. These factors combine to offer you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams!
Benefits to You
- Receive instruction from an experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement.
- Earning up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
The University of Arkansas Global Camps course for the SHRM Learning System provides
the tools needed to successfully pass the new SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification exams.
It is a great mixture of in-person or remote classroom experience led by HR Professionals
who know what it takes to get your certification. The SHRM Learning System gives you
what you need to self-study while the UA course gives you the additional classroom
time for the content to really sink in. I cannot recommend this course highly enough
to any HR Professional."Nick Meadows, SHRM-SCP
PMO Team Leader, North American HR Shared Services
The SHRM Learning System and the Global Campus served an important role as I studied
for my certification exam. The recorded class sessions were especially valuable to
me: My personal learning style is writing- I retain information better if I write
it down- so I played back every single recorded class and would pause as needed to
write down the slides. My recommendation to those going through the SHRM prep course
is to note what learning style works best for you, and then dedicate your time outside
of the required reading and class hours to taking advantage of all the additional
resources available to you (videos, terminology/vocabulary, online quizzes, etc) to
study in that style."Jamie Terrell, SHRM-CP
Interim Director of Human Resources
Friendship Community Care, Inc.Nick Meadows, SHRM-SCP
PMO Team Leader, North American HR Shared Services
Exam Eligibility Requirements
To earn your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application in order to be eligible to sit for the exam. For full details on these requirements, visit www.shrmcertification.org/eligibility.
HR Professionals Seeking Certification
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking certification or advancing their career.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
Current SHRM Certification Holders Seeking Recertification Hours
This course may be taken for 30 SHRM recertification hours. Please contact Erin Dickey for details.
Students enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s HR degree program at an educational institution aligned to SHRM’s curriculum guidelines are eligible to apply for the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) exam.
- Must be in their final year of study in the HR degree program
- Must have a minimum of 500 hours of relevant HR experience
Qualifying Relevant HR Experiences
- Internships in HR
- HR work-study assignments
- Directed HR work-related projects
- Directed HR research-related projects
- Supervised independent study in HR
- Part-time or full-time work in HR
For a list of approved HR degree programs and additional information, please visit SHRM’s website.
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
Many employers provide professional development funding or reimbursement to their employees. Check with your employer to see if these opportunities are available and how to request them. It’s also important to be prepared to explain how earning your SHRM certification will benefit the organization.
Benefits to Your Employer
- It demonstrates that their HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares their HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the new global SHRM BoCK™.
Please Note: If you are applying for a scholarship, you should not register for the course until scholarships have been announced. No refunds will be given to scholarship recipients.
- Application Deadline is Sunday, August 16, 2020
- Scholarships in the amount of $1,399 are available to ARSHRM and NOARK Members.
- Before applying, applicants should contact SHRM to confirm their eligibility to sit for the certification exam.
To apply, send an email to Erin Dickey containing:
- Phone Number
- Have You Confirmed Your Eligibility To Sit For The Certification Exam with SHRM: Yes/No
- Membership Status: SHRM, ARSHRM, and/or a Local Chapter (NOARK, CAHRA, WCASHRM, NAHRA, NCASHRM, WAHRA, NEASHRM, or SAHRA)
- Highest Education Level Completed: High School, Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree, or Graduate Degree
- Reason For Requesting Scholarship Consideration
- In addition to financial need, please explain how earning your SHRM certification will benefit your career, current employer, and the HR community and profession.
Scholarship receipts will be contacted on Tuesday, August 18.
- Each year, approx. 220 grants are distributed.
- Applications Opens May 1, and the Application Deadline is August 2.
- Grant recipients are announced November 2, and grants must be used within 12 months of the issue date.
Arkansans who are underemployed or unemployed due to the following reason(s) may qualify for funding to pay for their course:
- Business closure
- Permanent Layoff
- Relocating to accommodate a spouse who is a member of the Armed Forces
- Is the dependent spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty and whose family income is significantly reduced because of a deployment, a call or order to active duty, a permanent change of station, or the service-connected death or disability of the member
- Natural or man-made disaster
- Was previously self-employed (farmer, rancher, fisherman) but is now unemployed due to general economic conditions
- Has been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer being supported by that income
- Lack a high school diploma or GED
- Basic skills deficiency
- Needs assistance in securing or holding employment
- Those who are currently collecting unemployment, are receiving government assistance (SNAP, TEA, Work Pays, Supplemental Social Security (SSI)), or otherwise determined to be low-income may also qualify.
Interested individuals must apply through their local Arkansas Workforce Center. To find the Arkansas Workforce Center nearest you, see the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services website.
Contact your local Arkansas Workforce Center and let them know you wish to speak with a Career Advisor and apply for funding or a scholarship for training.
Interested in Training Your Team?
Have a question or prefer to speak to a person?
Ask about volume discounts or offering a program at your location.
Certification Exam Information
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Eligibility
- Testing Windows
- Download Certification Handbook
Product or HR Information
- SHRM Resources
- Join SHRM
- SHRM Learning System