Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI transforms complex data into engaging images that will help you organize, visualize and achieve your goals.
Our live online classes offer hands-on experience with an expert instructor to guide you at every step, and a textbook pdf you can keep for reference. The class utilizes Power BI Desktop, but also offer a section that explores Power BI Online.
Part 1: Learning Objectives
- Data Analysis and Visualization for Business Intelligence
- Self-Service BI with Microsoft Power BI
- Create Data Connections
- Model Data with Relationships
- Save Power BI Files
- Clean and Transform Data with the Query Editor
- Combine and Manage Data Rows
- Create Visualizations in Power BI
- Chart Data in Power BI
- Enhance Analysis with Customized Visuals and Pages
- Enhance Analysis with Tooltips
- Create Calculations with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Create Calculated Measures and Conditional Columns
- Create and Manage Data Hierarchies
- Filter and Slice Reports
- Create Dashboards in Power BI
- Publish Reports
- Share Reports and Dashboards
- Access Reports Using Power BI Mobile
Registrants must have a computer with internet access, a webcam, microphone, and a current Power BI license. If you do not have a Power BI license, you can get a free 30 trial. Further course preparation instructions will be provided upon registration. Contact Erin Dickey with questions or concerns.