Medical Billing & Coding
Medical billing and coding is one of the fastest-growing careers in the healthcare industry today! The need for professionals who understand how to code healthcare services and procedures for third-party insurance reimbursement is growing substantially. Physician practices, hospitals, pharmacies, long-term care facilities, chiropractic practices, physical therapy practices, and other healthcare providers all depend on medical billing and coding for insurance carrier reimbursement.
This billing and coding program offers the skills needed to perform complex coding and billing procedures. The program covers: CPT (Introduction, Guidelines, Evaluation and Management), specialty fields (such as surgery, radiology and laboratory), the ICD-10 for both diagnosis and procedure coding, and basic claims processes for insurance reimbursements. This billing and coding program delivers the skills learners need to solve insurance billing and coding problems. It details proper assignment of codes and the process to file claims for reimbursement.
Access / Completion Time:
6 Months / 350 Hours
e-Textbooks are included
Full Payment & Registration
Payment Plan & Registration
The U of A does not offer payment plans. However, CCI offers payment plans with 30% down. If you are interested in setting up a payment plan, please contact:
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Build medical terms using word parts
- Interpret medical terms
- Describe the various medical specialties
- Recognize medical terms associated with various body systems
- Demonstrate the interconnectedness of body structures
- Communicate effectively in a professional healthcare environment
- Identify the important role of a medical coder in upholding ethical billing practices and in obtaining reimbursement for healthcare services
- Correctly use the ICD-10-CM for diagnostic coding
- Correctly use CPT codes for coding medical procedures
- Apply national and local HCPCS codes and modifiers
- Explain the purpose and use of ICD-10-PCS codes
After completing this program, learners will have the option to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exams essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
Clinical Externship / Hands-on Training / Practicum
Although not a requirement, once participants complete the program, they have the ability to participate in a volunteer clinical externship/ hands-on training/ practicum with an organization in their area so as to practice the skills necessary to perform the job requirements of a professional in this field. Participants will also be assisted with completing a resume and/or other requirements necessary to work in this field.
Note: Additional documentation including health records, immunizations, drug-screening, criminal background checks, etc. may be required by the externship facility.