IT Help Desk
This course will prepare students with the basic skills needed to develop competency as a help desk user support technician. You will learn about communication with customers, identifying common issues, and creating trainings and documents to assist end users.
- Identify skills and competencies necessary for an entry-level employee in the position of computer support technician.
- Identify communication strategies for good customer service.
- Develop a troubleshooting script and technical support documentation.
- Create a resource package of apps that can be used to solve computer problems.
- Summarize some of the pros and cons of the leading software tools available for Help Desk Support.
- Be able to plan a training session for end users.
- Create a technical user document.
- Technology Uses
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Troubleshooting Issues
- Common Support Problems & Diagnostic Tools
- Help Desk Operations & Security Concerns
- Training the End User
- Technical Documentation