Innovative Management Series
This series offers both new and experienced managers the opportunity to explore best practices and the practical ‘how to’ of multiple management areas and challenges.
Courses can be taken alone, or in any combination, to address your specific needs. Each course is taught by an expert instructor with years of experience in both management and training.
Course participants will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of each course. Participants also have the option of completing all 4 courses and taking a comprehensive exam. Those that score an 80% or better will receive a Certificate of Competency.
The University of Arkansas Global Campus is recognized by SHRM to offer
5.5 recertification credit per course for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Transitioning to Manager
You excelled in your previous position and have been promoted to manager - now what?! Being a supervisor requires a new skill set. This one-day course focuses on the challenges facing new managers and practical advice on how to address them.
- Personal Branding and Business Communications (including social media, written, verbal, presentations, customer service, etc)
- Taking on authority over previous coworkers
- Shifting your focus from staff to supervisor
- Organizing people, projects, and schedules
September 27, 2019
In today's strong job market you are competing for the best and brightest workers. An ineffective hire can cost your company time, money, and lost opportunity. This course explores the importance of linking recruitment and hiring with organizational goals and culture, how to recruit and select new employees legally and effectively (even if you can't pay as much as some of your competitors), and how to design an onboarding program that promotes employee engagement and retention.
- Aligning Recruitment and Hiring with Organizational Goals and Culture
- Finding the Best Candidates
- Selecting the Best Candidates
November 22, 2019
A recent Gallup poll indicated that 70-75% of non-manager employees are not motivated or productive. Develop an effective management style that will serve you throughout your career by learning to support, motivate and empower your team members to drive performance and results.
- Building a Positive Culture that Aligns with Organizational Goals
- Learn How to Motivate and Engage Others
- Tips for Building a Strong, Collaborative Team
- Foundations of Mentoring and Succession Planning
December 6, 2019
There will come a time when one of your employees is struggling to perform at the standard you are expecting-they are making costly errors, missing deadlines, or may even be affecting your team or organization’s credibility. Learning to give that employee the opportunity to improve, and providing the tools they will need to do it, can save your organization the costs of recruiting, hiring, and onboarding a new employee. But if all else fails, you’ll be prepared to follow best practices (and manage the risk of a lawsuit) regarding documentation and termination.
- Implementing Continuous Coaching
- Creating Quantitative Improvement Plans
- Understanding Documentation and Risk Management
- Lawful Termination