Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project
The Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project provides funding for qualifying individuals to complete online training at no cost in order to meet workforce needs across the state.
The U.S. Department of Education awarded a grant worth over $13 million to the Arkansas Workforce Development Board and the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services to fund the Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project. This state-wide coordinated effort is intended to benefit Arkansans who have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Project partners include state agencies, U of A Global Campus Professional and Workforce Development, Shorter College, and iDatafy LLC.
The role of U of A Professional and Workforce Development is to develop and deliver short-term, online training programs for in-demand occupations. Successful completion of these training programs will help Arkansans return to or thrive in the pandemic-era workplace.
We are currently working to finalize the online application. If you would like to be notified when the application becomes available, please provide your contact information.
Apply For Funding
Who Should Apply
- Arkansas residents (or residents of a neighboring state that work in Arkansas)
- 18 years of age or older
- If male, registered for selective service (if you are not registered, you can register before applying) or exempt
- Eligible to work in the US
- Economically impacted by COVID
Arkansans who are unemployed, underemployed, are new to the workforce and/or have no work history, are a member of an underrepresented population, receive public assistance, reside in rural areas, are a veteran, are the spouse of a veteran, are homeless, are 55 years or age or older, previously incarcerated, have been paroled, or are on probation are encouraged to apply.
Course Registration Process
Once your completed application with support documentation has been received, you will have the opportunity to select the training program that you wish to complete. Additional information regarding the program and registration instructions will be provided.
If you do not know which training program you wish to complete, you will have the opportunity to take an assessment to gauge your interests and aptitude. You may also speak with an adviser to further discuss which training program might be the best fit for you.
Upon Successful Completion of a Training Program
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Arkansas.
If your training program prepared you for an industry or professional certification exam, you will pursue that separately.
Participants will have the opportunity to create a free certified SmartResume®. This online service, provided by Arkansas based data company, iDatafy, allows you to demonstrate your accomplishments to employers. Additionally, iDatafy manages a talent registry that allows employers to help them identify, verify and hire new job talent by searching candidates based on job skill matching. Employers that utilize this service include J.B. Hunt, Stephens Inc., ArcBest, Metova, Apptegy, Tyson Foods and many more.
Additional resume writing, interviewing, and job search references will also be provided. Finally, participants will receive information regarding further training programs or degree programs offered by the University of Arkansas and Shorter College.
What You Will Need
- A personal email account that is not provided by a school or employer. (If you do not have a personal email account, you can create a free account at Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or the provider of your choice.)
- Documents to confirm residency, age, Selective Service registration, and eligibility
to work in the US:
- Passport, Driver’s License, or other State ID
- Other proof of address that confirms your Arkansas residency (if different from ID)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Selective Service Verification (for males born before 1960)
- Alien Certification Card
- INS Form
- Letter from employer regarding lay off or organization closure, if applicable
- The ability to read and comprehend at an 8th grade level or above, typing skills, basic math skills, and fundamental computer skills.
- Regular access to a computer with Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS, and a minimum of 8GB RAM.
- Reliable internet access.
Some training programs may require additional software. Further information will be provided once you have been qualified for funding and identify the training program you wish to complete.
Any Arkansas resident (or resident of a neighboring state that works in AR) who feels they may qualify is encouraged to apply.
Once you have submitted your completed application and all required documentation, you should hear from us within 1 week (5 business days).
No, funding is only available for one training program per person.
You can contact U of A Professional and Workforce Development at 479-464-5024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, U of A Professional and Workforce Development courses and programs are available to the public. Please view our complete listing of course options.
The University of Arkansas will make good faith efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to participants. Applicants with a disability should note this on their application. Before being enrolled in a training program, participants should contact the University of Arkansas Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance to request an accommodation. In order to assess any request for a reasonable accommodation, the University may require a written document from a licensed physician or other health care provider certifying the nature and type of physical or mental disability prior to making any decision regarding the request for reasonable accommodation.
- Certified Administrative Professional
- Certified Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office Master 2019 with Exam Vouchers
- Accounts Payable Specialist Certification with Exam Voucher
- Accounts Payable Manager Certification with Exam Voucher
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Certified Bookkeeper with Microsoft Excel 2019
- SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP
- Digital Arts Certificate
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- Marketing Design Certificate
- Small Business
- Entrepreneurship: Start-Up and Business Owner Management with Exam Voucher
- Introduction to Construction
- Construction Blueprint Reading
- Essential Construction Math
- Construction Materials and Processes
- Introduction to Construction Estimating
- Estimating and Bidding
- AutoCAD 2021 Certified User with Exam Voucher
- AutoCAD 2021 Certified User with AutoCAD 3D 2021 with Exam Voucher
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2021 with Exam Voucher
- Food and Customer Service Skills Training
- Catering Professional
- Restaurant Management
- Activity Director
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- CNA and Medical Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Technician
- Certified EKG Technician
- Dialysis Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Certified Pharmaceutical Sales
- Representative with Exam Voucher
- Pharmacy Tech
- Physical Therapy
- Certified Physical Therapy Aide with Exam Voucher
- Court Interpreter: English/Spanish
- Federal Court Interpreter: English/Spanish
- Professional Translator: English/Spanish
- Medical Interpreter: English/Spanish
- Advanced Medical Interpreter: English/ Spanish
- Professional Translator: English/Spanish
- Certified Paralegal
- Composites Technician
- Electrical Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Process Technician
- Robotics Technician
- Welder Technician
- ASQ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with Exam Voucher
- ASQ Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with Exam Voucher
- ASQ Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with 1-on-1 Coaching with Exam Voucher
- CNC Machinist
- Die Setter
- Tool and Die Maker
- Manual Machinist
- Press Operator: Hot Stamping
- Press Operator: Cold Stamping
- Quality Inspector
- PMI Risk Management Professional
- Project Management Essentials with CAPM Prep
- Mastering Project Management with PMP Prep
- Mastering Project Management with PMP Prep and Microsoft Project 2019
- Microsoft Project 2019
- Biofuel Production Operations
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Manager
- Certified Indoor Environmentalist Prep
- Chemical Plant Operations
- HVAC/R Technician with Exam Voucher
- HVAC/R Certified Technician with Exam Voucher
- Natural Gas Plant Operations
- Power Plant Operations
- Residential Electrician
- Help Desk
- Help Desk Analyst: Tier 1 Support Specialist
- CompTIA Fundamentals with Exam Voucher
- CompTIA A+ Certification Training with Exam Voucher
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Training with Exam Voucher
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Training with Exam Voucher
- Cyber Security
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training with Exam Voucher
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) with Exam Voucher
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) with Exam Voucher
- Programming and Web Development
- Back-End Web Development Certificate (U of A IT Readiness Program)
- Front-End Web Development Certificate (U of A IT Readiness Program)
- Front-End Web Developer
- Full-Stack Software Developer
- Java Development Certificate (U of A IT Readiness Program)
- Java Programmer
- Java Programmer + Python Developer
- Python Developer
- User Experience (UX) Certificate
- Web Applications Developer
- Web Design Professional
- Data Science Certificate
- Amazon Web Services
- AWS System Operations Certification Bundle with Exam Voucher
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Freight Broker / Agent Training
- Travel Agent Training
- Hotel Management
- Event Management and Design
- Basic Housekeeping
- Executive Housekeeper
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant with Horse Care Management