Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project
The Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project provides funding for qualifying individuals to complete online training at no cost in order to meet workforce needs across the state.
The U.S. Department of Education awarded a grant worth over $13 million to the Arkansas Workforce Development Board and the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services to fund the Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project. This state-wide coordinated effort is intended to benefit Arkansans who have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Project partners include state agencies, U of A Global Campus Professional and Workforce Development, Shorter College, and iDatafy LLC.
The role of U of A Professional and Workforce Development is to develop and deliver short-term, online training programs for in-demand occupations. Successful completion of these training programs will help Arkansans return to or thrive in the pandemic-era workplace.
If you would like to be notified when the application becomes available, please provide your contact information.
Applying for Funding
Who Should Apply
- Arkansas residents (or residents of a neighboring state who work in Arkansas)
- 18 years of age or older
- If male, registered for Selective Service (if you are not registered, you can register before applying) or exempt
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Economically impacted by COVID
Arkansans who are unemployed, underemployed, are new to the workforce and/or have no work history, are a member of an underrepresented population, receive public assistance, reside in rural areas, are a veteran, are the spouse of a veteran, are homeless, are 55 years or age or older, previously incarcerated, have been paroled, or are on probation are encouraged to apply.
What You Will Need to Apply
- A personal email account that is not provided by a school or employer. If you do not have a personal email account, you can create a free account at Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or the provider of your choice.
- Documents confirming identity, residency, and eligibility to work in the U.S. All
documents must be unexpired and signed (if applicable). These documents can include...
- Passport, Driver’s License, other State ID, or Native American tribal document
- Other proof of address that confirms your Arkansas residency (if different from ID)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card
- INS Form
- Selective Service Verification (for males born after 1960).
- Your Selective Service Card
If you do not have your Selective Service Card, verify your registration at www.sss.gov/verify.
- Download a copy of your registration by selecting "Print an official Selective Service Registration Acknowledgement Letter" after entering the requested information.
- If you are not registered, you can do so at www.sss.gov/register.
- Your Selective Service Card
- The ability to read and comprehend at an 8th grade level or above, typing skills, basic math skills, and fundamental computer skills.
- Regular access to a computer with Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS, and a minimum of 8GB RAM.
- Reliable internet access.
Some training programs may require additional software. Further information will be provided once you have been qualified for funding and identify the training program you wish to complete.
Course Registration Process
Once your completed application with support documentation has been received, you will have the opportunity to select the training program that you wish to complete. Additional information regarding the program and registration instructions will be provided.
If you do not know which training program you wish to complete, you will have the opportunity to take an assessment to gauge your interests and aptitude. You may also speak with an adviser to further discuss which training program might be the best fit for you.
Upon Successful Completion of a Training Program
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Arkansas.
If your training program prepared you for an industry or professional certification exam, you will pursue that separately.
Participants will have the opportunity to create a free certified SmartResume®. This online service, provided by Arkansas based data company, iDatafy, allows you to demonstrate your accomplishments to employers. Additionally, iDatafy manages a talent registry that allows employers to help them identify, verify and hire new job talent by searching candidates based on job skill matching. Employers that utilize this service include J.B. Hunt, Stephens Inc., ArcBest, Metova, Apptegy, Tyson Foods and many more.
Additional resume writing, interviewing, and job search references will also be provided. Finally, participants will receive information regarding further training programs or degree programs offered by the University of Arkansas.
There are many documents which can be used to establish identity and eligibility to work. Depending on the document(s) you have available, you will upload one or two documents to establish these details. All documents must be unexpired and signed (if applicable).
Single documents that establish both identify and employment authorization include:
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa
- Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (I-766)
- For a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer because of his or her status, a foreign passport AND Form I-94 or Form I-94A that has the same name as the passport and an endorsement of the alien’s immigration status as long as that period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitation identified on the form
- Passport from the Federated State of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI
Documents that can be used together to establish identity and employment authorization. One document from the list below can be used to establish identity and one from the other list can be used to establish employment authorization.
- Acceptable identity documents:
- Driver's license or ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
- ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
- School ID card with a photograph
- Voter's registration card
- U.S. Military card or draft record
- Military dependent's ID card
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Native American tribal document
- Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority
- Acceptable employment authorization documents:
- A Social Security Account Number card, unless the card includes one of the following
- Not valid for employment
- Valid for work only with INS authorization
- Valid for work only with DHS authorization
- Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Forms DS-1350, FS-545, FS-240)
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
- Native American tribal document
- U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
- Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
- A Social Security Account Number card, unless the card includes one of the following restrictions:
Any Arkansas resident (or resident of a neighboring state that works in AR) who feels they may qualify is encouraged to apply.
Once you have submitted your completed application and all required documentation, you should hear from us within 1 week (5 business days).
No, funding is only available for one training program per person.
You can contact U of A Professional and Workforce Development at 479-464-5024 or email@example.com.
Yes, U of A Professional and Workforce Development courses and programs are available to the public. Please view our complete listing of course options.
Requests for Accommodation
The University of Arkansas will make good faith efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to participants. Applicants with a disability should note this on their application. Before being enrolled in a training program, participants should contact the University of Arkansas Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance to request an accommodation. In order to assess any request for a reasonable accommodation, the University may require a written document from a licensed physician or other health care provider certifying the nature and type of physical or mental disability prior to making any decision regarding the request for reasonable accommodation.
- Certified Administrative Professional
- Certified Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office Master 2019 with Exam Vouchers
- Accounts Payable Specialist Certification with Exam Voucher
- Accounts Payable Manager Certification with Exam Voucher
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Certified Bookkeeper with Microsoft Excel 2019
- SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP
- Digital Arts Certificate
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- Marketing Design Certificate
- Small Business
- Entrepreneurship: Start-Up and Business Owner Management with Exam Voucher
- Introduction to Construction
- Construction Blueprint Reading
- Essential Construction Math
- Construction Materials and Processes
- Introduction to Construction Estimating
- Estimating and Bidding
- AutoCAD 2021 Certified User with Exam Voucher
- AutoCAD 2021 Certified User with AutoCAD 3D 2021 with Exam Voucher
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2021 with Exam Voucher
- Food and Customer Service Skills Training
- Catering Professional
- Restaurant Management
- Activity Director
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- CNA and Medical Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Technician
- Certified EKG Technician
- Dialysis Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Certified Pharmaceutical Sales Representative with Exam Voucher
- Pharmacy Tech
- Physical Therapy
- Certified Physical Therapy Aide with Exam Voucher
- Court Interpreter: English/Spanish
- Federal Court Interpreter: English/Spanish
- Professional Translator: English/Spanish
- Medical Interpreter: English/Spanish
- Advanced Medical Interpreter: English/ Spanish
- Certified Paralegal
- Composites Technician
- Electrical Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Process Technician
- Robotics Technician
- Welder Technician
- ASQ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with Exam Voucher
- ASQ Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with Exam Voucher
- ASQ Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with 1-on-1 Coaching with Exam Voucher
- CNC Machinist
- Die Setter
- Tool and Die Maker
- Manual Machinist
- Press Operator: Hot Stamping
- Press Operator: Cold Stamping
- Quality Inspector
- PMI Risk Management Professional
- Project Management Essentials with CAPM Prep
- Mastering Project Management with PMP Prep
- Mastering Project Management with PMP Prep and Microsoft Project 2019
- Microsoft Project 2019
- Biofuel Production Operations
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Manager
- Certified Indoor Environmentalist Prep
- Chemical Plant Operations
- HVAC/R Technician with Exam Voucher
- HVAC/R Certified Technician with Exam Voucher
- Natural Gas Plant Operations
- Power Plant Operations
- Residential Electrician
- Help Desk
- Help Desk Analyst: Tier 1 Support Specialist
- CompTIA Fundamentals with Exam Voucher
- CompTIA A+ Certification Training with Exam Voucher
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Training with Exam Voucher
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Training with Exam Voucher
- Cyber Security
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training with Exam Voucher
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) with Exam Voucher
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) with Exam Voucher
- Programming and Web Development
- Back-End Web Development Certificate (U of A IT Readiness Program)
- Front-End Web Development Certificate (U of A IT Readiness Program)
- Front-End Web Developer
- Full-Stack Software Developer
- Java Development Certificate (U of A IT Readiness Program)
- Java Programmer
- Java Programmer + Python Developer
- Python Developer
- User Experience (UX) Certificate
- Web Applications Developer
- Web Design Professional
- Data Science Certificate
- Amazon Web Services
- AWS System Operations Certification Bundle with Exam Voucher
- Travel Agent Training
- Hotel Management
- Event Management and Design
- Basic Housekeeping
- Executive Housekeeper
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Freight Broker / Agent Training
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant with Horse Care Management