Managing Human Resource Development Programs
Effective talent development is the key to success for organizations in the 21st century.
Offered in partnership with the College of Education and Health Professions, this non-credit course recognizes the need for best practices in human resource development and offers a framework for establishing programs that are strategically aligned with, and customizable to, the needs and goals of any organization.
This 15-week certificate course is offered online and comprises 45 contact hours. Participants must separately purchase a copy of Managing Human Resource Development Programs (2015). Successful participants who attend at least 80 percent of the classes, complete all in- and out-of-class assignments, and score 80 percent or better on their final assignment will receive a certificate of completion from the Global Campus and the College of Education and Health Professions.
Students seeking academic credit for HRWD 5433 should register through UAConnect.
Dr. Claretha Hughes
College of Education and Health Professions
University of Arkansas
- Introduction to Employment Relations Management.
- HRD Theory and Philosophy
- The Role of HRD in organizations
- Learning in Organizations
- Strategic HRD
- HRD Quality Management
- Career and Performance Management
- Managing Diversity Training Programs
- Negotiating Skills and the HRD Professional
- Current Issues and Evolving Trends
Distinguish yourself as a training professional who truly understands the strategic role human resource development plays in your organization. Benefit from evidenced-based tools and solutions. Master the knowledge, skills and abilities required for success as a manager of human resource development programs.
The phrase “managing human resource development programs” has a variety of complex meanings depending upon the business, industry, and/or organization in which the programs are being managed. The purpose of this course is to provide theoretical concepts, practical skills and information to help practitioners learn to effectively customize human resource development programs to the needs of their organizations.
As a result of this course, participants will be better equipped to:
- Craft and manage training, career and organizational initiatives for their organizations;
- Employ proven tools and solutions; and
- Anticipate future organizational human resource development needs.
By attending our course, you'll benefit from:
- An instructor with more than 24 years of diverse management, supervisory, and administrative experience in organizational and workforce development,
- A ground-breaking text on the topic, and
- A learning environment of participants who do the same work as you, and have the same needs to match their organizational needs with human resource development programming.
- An opportunity to earn professional development credits
This certificate course is designed primarily for individuals who have some human resource/talent development programming experience, and are seeking the knowledge to excel in human resource programming and a credential that attests to the mastery of that knowledge and skill.