Free Webinar Series
U of A Professional and Workforce Development is pleased to offer these 1 hour webinars at no cost to all interested participants. Registration is required and additional information will be provided via email in advance of the course date.
Promoting Healthy Sleep Habits to Improve Focus and Productivity at Work
This webinar will introduce working professionals to the essentials of healthy sleep habits, including some basic information about sleep and tips for how to improve your sleep in order to increase focus and productivity at work.
- Learn the basics of sleep.
- Identify habits that positively and negatively impact your sleep at night.
- Identify when sleep disturbance warrants professional help.
Introduction to Python
Introduction and overview of the Python language and its application in the Machine Learning industry.
- Introduction to Python
- How Python is used in the Machine Learning industry
- Create a simple Python program
Meeting Management is the process of managing the stages and components of the entire meeting process. It also plays an important role in improving communication, interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and employee morale and satisfaction. Studies show that people who master running efficient and productive meetings are more likely to be promoted.
- Determine the meeting purpose, who to invite, and the moderator
- Create an Agenda
- Manage time and distractions
- Conclude with a review of the decisions
- Follow through on action items and deadlines
Small Business Finance Basics for the Solopreneur
This course will review options for funding a small business currently operating and expanding or a future startup, and the pros and cons of them all. Topics covered will include crowd sourcing platforms, investors, use of personal funds, micro-loans, traditional bank loans, online loans, equipment leasing, and extensions of credit like credit cards and lines of credit and some of the various sources available for all these in the Northwest Arkansas region and online.
- Business Borrowers will learn that lenders have varying standards of credit worthiness that affect the terms offered for credit for small businesses.
- Borrowers will understand the different uses of the different types of credit.
- Borrowers will learn what they need to do and how to plan to qualify for the highest quality credit offered.
Communicating Your Transferable Skills
Transferable skills - such as leadership, communication, and critical thinking - are ones that apply in all professions. When seeking a job in a different field than your previous work experience, it is especially important to convey these skills to a potential employer. Upon his retirement from the US Air Force, Lt. Colonel Donald Butcher successfully transitioned from working as a government Special Agent to the civilian workforce and bike industry. In this course you will learn how to identify and best communicate your transferable skills to employers.
- Understand in-demand transferable skills
- Identify your unique transferable skills
- Use the PAR method to communicate transferable skills on your resume and in interviews
An introduction of Docker, including installation and overview. You will build and deploy working services in stand-alone environments and using Docker Compose. (If you previously attended the Docker Basics webinar in Fall 2020, you are invited to join us again, as this webinar will explore Docker further and go more in-depth.)
- Build imager
- Run imager
- Connect to container
- Deploy multiple services
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Conflict is part of every aspect of our lives – work and personal. Negotiation involves a wide range of techniques by which we work through issues that divide. In this course, you will be exposed to various strategies for conflict resolution.
- Identify various techniques of conflict resolution
- Develop a sense as to when to use one strategy over another
- Be able to advocate for a facilitative mediation when appropriate
Personal Finance for Professionals at Every Stage of Life
Learn what you need to know about the 5 basic areas of personal finance at different stages of your personal and professional life. Includes tips for day-to-day money managements, short-term savings, long-term savings, credit/loans, and security.
- Introduce participants to all aspects of a personal finance portfolio.
- Highlight where to start and strategies for developing financial fitness in various categories over one’s lifetime and career stages.
This session will offer an introduction to Kubernetes using Kubectl and MiniKube. You will deploy and interact with working services on local installation and a cloud installation.
- Deploy namespace
- Deploy deployment
- Deploy service
- Deploy Ingress