Our Ecommerce series features a variety of courses that can provide information about the basics as well as advanced topics directly from people who have learned the ropes, made mistakes, and have come out on top! Whether you are starting an online store or wanting to improve your ecommerce platform, professional development training can be an ideal way to move forward.
Crowdfunding for Entrepreneurs
Crowdfunding can be an excellent go-to-market and ongoing sales strategy for entrepreneurs. Some ideas are better suited to the platform than others. This course is designed to give an overview of online crowdfunding, help assess whether an idea is right for the platform and give foundational knowledge on how to run a successful campaign.
- Gain functional knowledge of how crowdfunding works
- Become familiar with the two main traditional crowdfunding websites: Kickstarter and Indiegogo
- Assess whether your idea is right for the platform
- Gain a strategic and tactical understanding of actions needed for a successful campaign
- Dispel myths such as, “if you build it, they will come”
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Founder/CEO of LIVSN Designs
Andrew Gibbs-Dabney is the founder and CEO of LIVSN Designs. LIVSN creates versatile and sustainable apparel designed to last longer. Andrew is dedicated to values of sustainability and conscious capitalism. On his journey to become a CEO he has developed an eye for good apparel design, the knowhow to navigate the supply chain, and the confidence to be an empathetic leader.
Introduction to Selling Online
This course will cover Shopify and marketplace selling, including Amazon Seller Central (both Fulfill by Amazon and Fulfill by Merchant), Walmart.com, eBay, and Etsy. We will cover online store set up, adding products, order management, inventory management, and several marketing tools. This course is idea for someone new to e-commerce or would like to extend their product selling onto Amazon or other online marketplaces.
- Set up a new online store, using Shopify
- Add products to sell
- Inventory management
- Online order management
- Selling your products on Amazon
- Selling your products on additional marketplaces, such as Walmart.com, eBay, and Etsy
- Introduction to email marketing
- Introduction to paid advertising campaigns on Google, Facebook, and Instagram
8:30 am - 4 :30 pm
Director of the UofA Collaborative
Before joining the U of A, Toby served as president and CEO of the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce, founded Omni Brands LLC, a portfolio of e-commerce outdoor apparel brands and also was the founder and president of Litmus Media, an online advertising network. He also has held leadership positions in corporate law and private equity investing.