Creative Course Series
Creative learning is the process of acquiring knowledge and abilities using creative processes. Interactive and creative learning environments make gaining new skills more interesting, increases retention of information, improves communication, emotional and social skills, and provides learners with experience in applying skills in real life.
The courses listed below are face-to-face and will be held in Bentonville, AR. Course specific details will be provided via email upon registration.
Create a Change Kaleidoscope
Join this session to learn how to use the versatile Change Kaleidoscope model, developed by Hope Hailey & Balogun, to enhance your storytelling and manage projects in the workplace. Together, we will examine the purpose of a Change Kaleidoscope model and how it can be used. Finally, we will evaluate a mini-business case study and then use art and color to create a unique Change Kaleidoscope.
- Understand the purpose and uses of a Change Kaleidoscope.
- Explore using art and color to create a Change Kaleidoscope.
- Discover how to use a Change Kaleidoscope in business story telling situations.
Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving with Escape Room Game
Employers want employees that can think critically on their own, identify logical solutions and make decisions when they hit a roadblock instead of stopping and waiting for someone to tell them what to do. This course will help you identify methods to think through dilemmas, work in teams under time constraints and identify strategies that will lead to the best outcome. After this course and utilizing an Escape Room game, you will be ready to stand out at work as someone who has invested the time and effort into developing critical problem-solving skills.
- Determining valuable information
- Providing accurate and timely solutions
- Team problem-solving techniques
- Presenting solutions logically
Building Creative Rhythms into Daily Life and Work Using Watercolors
Are you craving a more creative life but don’t feel like you have the time or know where to start? In this four-hour class, instructor Leana Fischer will guide you through the practical strategies she has utilized while developing a professional art career to help you weave more creativity into your daily life and work. You will walk away with a better understanding of how to build margin into your schedule, prioritize your time, uncover your creative strengths, and simply notice the world around you. You don’t need any experience with art to gain value from this course, only a desire to invest a little bit of time into your creative potential.
- Learn simple, relaxing watercolor exercises that you can easily do at home or at your desk
- Identify your personality type to help build creative habits
- Learn time-scheduling tips
- Learn how to start a creativity journal / sketchbook