Introduction to Concrete
This self-paced Introduction to Concrete seminar is an introduction to both Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) and Asphaltic Concrete. PCC, hereinafter called concrete, is arguably the world’s most used construction material. Students will become familiar with the materials and properties of each along with the manipulators used, including formwork, additives, and reinforcement. Students will develop an awareness of installation techniques for horizontal and vertical concrete, uses for tilt-up and precast concrete. Students will develop a working understanding of weather’s impact on concrete and the uses of asphaltic concrete. This online course provides both an introduction to concrete and an opportunity to deepen your industry knowledge of a material used all over the world in diverse conditions.
Online / Self-Paced
5 weeks to complete the course
By the end of this online course you should be able to:
- Understand and use standard construction terminology as it relates to concrete and asphalt
- Identify the materials used in Portland Cement Concrete
- Differentiate between the different manipulators used and their purposes
- Explain different installation techniques for horizontal and vertical concrete
- Describe the special considerations for adverse weather concreting in both cold and hot weather
- Recognize the uses for tilt-up concrete and precast concrete
- Identify the ingredients of Asphaltic Concrete and is use
Offered through our partnership with Construction Experts Inc.