Construction Blueprint Reading
This online construction blueprint reading class covers a foundation skill in construction. All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading is not terribly difficult, but it does require practice and some basic knowledge of blueprints.
This online blueprint reading course is designed to provide you with that foundation knowledge and enough practice at reading blueprints to get you started. Mastery of blueprint reading will come with practice and with using blueprints on the job on a regular basis.
Listen to an audio message from former President Bob George
By the end of this class you should:
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects.
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals.
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints.
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials at the jobsite.
- Be able to identify elementary problems or shortcomings of the blueprints you are using.
Online / Self-Paced
10 weeks to complete the course
Jan 11 - Mar 21, 2021
Apr 5 - Jun 13, 2021
Print Reading for Construction
7th Edition Goodheart Wilcox, by Walter Brown and Daniel Dorfmuller
Whoever you order the book from, be sure they include the blueprints with the textbook. The book comes with a set of blueprints we will use in class but some students have reported the book being sold at a discount without the blueprints.
Students are responsible for buying their own textbook. Textbook fee is not included in course registration fee.
Offered through our partnership with Construction Experts Inc.