Construction Blueprint Reading
All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. This online blueprint reading course is designed to provide you with foundational knowledge and hands-on practice so you can confidently discuss plans on the job.
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects.
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals.
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints.
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials at the jobsite.
- Be able to identify elementary problems or shortcomings of the blueprints you are using.
Print Reading for Construction 8th Edition
published by Goodheart Wilcox, by Walter Brown and Daniel Dorfmuller
The book comes with 140 sheets of blueprints covering 6 different projects for use within the class. The projects range from simple residential to complex commercial projects.
Graded assignments will consist of one quiz for each module and participation in two class discussions. Class discussions are a very important, and students should provide at least 4 contributions to the class discussions each week to gain the maximum points.
Grades will be posted on a weekly basis. You will have full access to your grade sheet so you will be able to keep track of how you are doing at all times. Your overall grade in the course will be determined by the total number of points you have accumulated on quizzes and assignments.
You will be given more information about the grading and other course matters in the Orientation Module.
Access / Completion Time:
10 weeks / 45 hours
Jan 16 - Mar 27, 2023
Apr 10 - Jun 18, 2023
Jun 26 - Sep 3, 2023
Sep 11 - Nov 19, 2023
When you register, you will automatically be enrolled in the next upcoming session. Late course registrations cannot be accepted.
Offered through our partnership with Construction Experts Inc.