Business Communications Certificate Program
To be successful in today’s workplace, professionals must convey data-driven, meaningful, succinct and persuasive messages to stakeholders. When exchanging ideas with customers, co-workers and supervisors, business professionals must exhibit proficiency in the following types of communication: oral, written, non-verbal, interpersonal, and visual. The University of Arkansas Global Campus recognizes the importance of establishing advanced communication skills for business professionals and offers the opportunity to build and enhance these necessary skills and expertise.
April 19, 2018
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
10% discount for University of Arkansas faculty, staff and current students. To receive the discount, you must register with your uark email address and enter coupon code 'UA10' at checkout. Status will be verified and correct rate will be applied. Additional discounts do not apply.
No refunds of the UA 10% discount, or any other discount, will be granted once registration is complete.
For information about group discounts or offering a program at your location, contact Heather Sprandel or call 479-422-7290.
Who Should Attend
All business professionals who want to build skills to help communicate positive ideas, improve workplace efficiency, influence others, nurture and enhance workplace relationships, and promote professionalism in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand your professional brand
- Establish internal and external networks
- Explore interpersonal skills
- Examine diverse communication methods
- Model professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate executive-level presentation and visual communication skills
- Choose appropriate negotiation and influence techniques based on workplace settings
- Evaluate risk management
- Apply storytelling practices
- Demonstrate sales pitches and selling techniques
- Simplify real-world product analysis using data
- Personal Branding
- Verbal & Written Communications
- Presentation Skills & Visual Communications
- Negotiation & Influence