Administrative Assistant Program
Prepare for a new career as an Administrative Assistant. This hybrid course delivers learning in both online and face-to-face environments, providing both hands-on training and flexible study times for working adults.
Gain essential, basic computer application skills, and learn how to perform routine clerical and administrative functions. These include drafting business correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, providing information to callers, delivering exceptional customer service, developing presentations, and utilizing word processing and database management software.
- Begin with soft skill courses like customer service
- Gain confidence by learning the basics of five Microsoft Office applications
- Learn computer skills in-person from experienced instructors
- Work with an advisor on resume writing, interviewing for jobs, and strategies for job searches
Who Should Participate
People interested in pursuing job opportunities like office administrative assistants, business office assistants, or clerical and support staff. Current office workers can gain confidence by enhancing their skills. Participants should already have the following computer skills: using a mouse and keyboard, opening and closing files, turning on/off computer equipment, sending and receiving email, and navigating the Internet.
Do You Qualify for Funding?
This program is an approved Eligible Training Program in this Local Workforce Investment Area. Scholarships, which include full funding, to attend this training program are available for eligible individuals, who meet certain criteria, as part of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Examples of eligible individuals who may seek WIOA funding include, but are not limited to displaced workers, unemployed adults, single parents, and youth ages 16-24. To determine eligibility, contact the Arkansas Workforce Center in your area. Interested parties should let the Arkansas Workforce Center know of your interest in this program and funding options.
- Business Writing and Record Keeping
- Customer Service Fundamentals
- Advanced Customer Service
- Specialty Courses
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Introduction, Office Planning and Layout
- Information Management and Communications Technology
- Records Management, Hardware and Software
- Meetings, Conferences, Travel, Policies and Procedures
- The Workplace Technology, Email and Scheduling
- Business Documents, Grammar and Punctuation, Microsoft Word: Creating and Formatting
Documents, and Microsoft Word: More Advanced Formatting
- Interpersonal Communication, Research and Presentations, Microsoft Excel: Spreadsheet Basics, Formatting, Charts, and Printing
- Microsoft Access: Database Basics and Microsoft PowerPoint: Creating and Editing Presentations
- Integrating Microsoft Office Programs and Using the Internet
- Transferring and Protecting Data, Putting Your Skills to Work, Resume Writing and Job Interview Skills
- Program Wrap Up