Cyber Security - A Systems Approach
This three-day course explores information security vulnerabilities and how to approach cyber security resilience as a complex system by using an enterprise architecture framework. A hands-on project will allow you to practice newly learned techniques for defining threats, designing a security plan and quickly and effectively reacting to security incidents.
- Develop knowledge and skills for cutting edge threat tactics, techniques, and procedures to more effectively identify and mitigate advanced attacks.
- Compare and contrast traditional techniques with novel ones, extrapolating likely areas for future technique evolution.
- Examine methods for detecting and preventing advanced attacks from being realized within participant organizations
- Outline ideal sources for continued information and technique discovery outside of
Who Should Attend?
This course will most benefit managers, engineers and other technical professionals with growing responsibility for cyber security design, administration, management or network administration.
October 16 – 18, 2018
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Lunch will be provided
You are encouraged to bring a laptop or other device for note taking.
In partnership with Georgia Tech Research Institute.
- Develop foundational knowledge of the principles of information security.
- Understand how systems engineering processes are effectively applied to securing complex, connected systems.
- Develop a linkage between enterprise architecture and business processes.
- Learn techniques for evaluating threats and risk so that you can make proactive decisions to reduce the impact of security breaches.
- Develop and practice your skills for assessing risk/threats, designing a security plan and providing a path for business continuity in the event of a security incident.
- Attendance certificates will be provided to each student successfully completing the course.