Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certification Program
This four-day workshop, taught by AWS accredited instructors, will teach you the foundations of cloud computing, storage, and networking on AWS and the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS.
The entire workshop prepares you for an AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification. This initial certification will provide the foundation for pursuing additional AWS role-based and specialty certifications.
AWS Tech Essentials - Day 1
Introduction to AWS products, services, and common solutions. It provides you with fundamentals to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements and get started working on AWS.
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Understand the foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Understand AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor.
Architecting on AWS - Days 2-4
Covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS. The course is designed to teach solutions architects how to optimize the use of the AWS cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions.
- Make architectural decisions based on the AWS-recommended architectural principle and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient in order to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
Benefits & Outcomes
- Get started working on AWS.
- Become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions.
- Optimize the use of the AWS cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions.
- Build a variety of infrastructures via a guided, hands-on approach.
- Become AWS certified.
- AWS Certification validates your technical skills and allows you to gain credibility for AWS expertise.
- AWS expertise enables you to lead IT initiatives in your organization.
- Further advance your AWS expertise.