Excel Power Tools – Excel Add-ins: Data Analysis with Power Pivot
We are now living in the age of big data.
Data is being collected all the time and for increasingly detailed transactions. This can lead to an overwhelming amount of data, which brings about a need for people who can analyze large amounts of data quickly. Fortunately, Excel provides Power Pivot to help you organize, manipulate, and report on your data in the best way possible. Since a tool is only as good as the person using it, it is important to gain a solid understanding of Power Pivot to maximize your effectiveness when analyzing data.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Power Pivot along with Excel to analyze data from a variety of sources.
- Get started with Power Pivot.
- Visualize Power Pivot data.
- Work with advanced functionality in Power Pivot.
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
10% discount for University of Arkansas Faculty, Staff, Current Students, and Alumni Association Members. Status will be verified and the appropriate rate will be applied.
Capacity: 12 face-to-face students is the maximum per class.
Global Campus Rogers5/16/17
Global Campus Rogers6/30/17
Global Campus Rogers
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience working with Excel and PivotTables. You should already understand spreadsheet concepts and be comfortable creating and analyzing basic PivotTables. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft® Office Excel®: Part 1 (Second Edition)
- Microsoft® Office Excel®: Part 2 (Second Edition)
- Microsoft® Office Excel®: Data Analysis with PivotTables (recommended)
- Getting Started with Power Pivot
- Enable and Navigate Power Pivot
- Manage Data Relationships
- Visualizing Power Pivot Data
- Create a Power Pivot Report
- Create Calculations in Power Pivot
- Working with Advanced Functionality in Power Pivot
- Create a Key Performance Indicator
- Work with Dates and Time in Power Pivot
Appendix A: Commonly Used DAX Functions